The Early Intervention Process
- Ideally occurs within 30-60 days
- Pre-meeting screening is required
- Meeting should be attended by all willing parties and supporters
- The participants will discuss the incident, acknowledgments, and offer apology if appropriate
- Supporters and attorneys may attend
- May involve payment of immediate needs by insurance company
- Usually not a final resolution
- Parties agree to cooperate towards settlement
"Early intervention is important in reducing and managing the anger, fear and financial needs after a personal injury or medical error."
Hon. Joe Cannon, District Judge, Ret.